[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.76″ background_layout=”light” border_style=”solid”]
by Sommer Bianchi
- Last year, all americans in the world used 50 MILLION water bottles. If we put that in perspective for you, if every Austin student used one water bottle everyday for a year, would end up using 23,733,333 bottles. That is only Austin Students
- If every single wildfire that happened in California burned at Austin Prep, it would have burned Austin Prep 12,460,463 times.
- According to some definitions of veganism, meat can be vegan if the meat gives you consent to eat it. If all 750 of us Austin Students weighed 100 pounds, and we agreed to be eaten, we would make up 7,500 pounds of edible, vegan meat for any prospective cannibals.
- 8.788 million people live in London. If they were all Austin Students, there would be 11,717 times as many students as we have now!
- 1 in 5 adults in the USA suffer from mental illness every year. That’s 43.8 million people. If that were Austin Students, there would be about 150 of us with mental illness.
- In 2014, there were 1,864 pandas left. That’s only twice the size of the student body!
- There are 36,899 McDonald’s in the world. That means each Austin Student could run 49 shops each!
- 1 out of 8 Americans struggle with hunger. If that were Austin Students, 94 of us would struggle with hunger.
- 3% of all the water on earth is freshwater. That means, if Austin Prep students were water, 22.5 of us would be fresh water. Looks like the glass is half full for someone!
- Last but not least, there are about 470,000 words in a few dictionaries in the English language. If Austin Prep were a dictionary, each student would be about 627 words!